After my first son was born, a dear friend of mine made me one of the best gifts you can give a mom: She crafted a gift card for babysitting my son once a month. I remember how much I appreciated her thoughtful present and loved that she crafted the card. However, only years later did I realize how precious a gift it was. Even though she was childless, she had understood something that took me years of motherhood to realize: The importance of self-care and taking time for oneself.
In my eyes, a mindful gift is a great way to show your appreciation to someone you love. Beyond the gift, you are telling a woman that she’s important and deserves to be taken care of.
So if you are looking for a meaningful gift for a very special woman in your life (mom, partner, friend, grandmother), this list is what you are looking for. Below, I have gathered various mindful gift ideas to pamper, motivate, entertain, support, and much more.
Self-care gift ideas
Again, self-care is so crucial and we often forget about it as women – and even more as mothers. Not only is a self-care gift a meaningful present, but it’s also a great opportunity for a woman to take care of herself without guilt.
Here are a few mindful gift ideas related to self-care to help someone you love take some much-needed me-time:
- A gift card for a massage, manicure/pedicure, a hairdo/haircut
- A soft and cozy blanket
- A nice mug, travel mug, or bottle
- A tea assortment and/or tea storage box, a tea set
- Bath bombs
- Cosmetics: body scrub, face mask, cream, shower gel, etc.
- An oil diffuser + essential oils
Personal development gift ideas
Personal development items also make great mindful gifts.
- A journal: meditation journal, bullet journal, gratitude journal
- A planner
- Affirmation cards
- An inspirational personal development book or audiobook (find ideas here)
- A personal development course, seminar or workshop
- A class: yoga, meditation
- A subscription to a mindful app (e.g. Headspace)
Gifts that provide help
We don’t often think about offering help as a present. However, in my eyes, it’s an almost perfect present: it’s mindful, clutter-free, generous, and caring. You can either offer to provide the help yourself or buy a voucher for the desired service.
- House cleaning
- Window cleaning
- Laundry service
- Car wash
Fun and entertainment gift ideas
A gift card for a fun event or something entertaining can be a great way to offer an opportunity to escape from daily stress. Plus, it can be a great way to spend special time with the recipient!
- A magazine subscription
- A ticket for an event: concert, theater, movie, museum, exhibition
- A membership: museum, spa, zoo, etc.
- A photo shooting session
- A cooking class
Other Mindful Gift Ideas
- A mantra band or necklace
- A gratitude jar (this gift becomes even more meaningful if you craft it yourself!)
- Supplies or equipment for a specific hobby: a yoga mat, paint brushes, wool, you name it.
- Plants, an indoor garden kit
- A zen garden
- A juicer
- A food basket (e.g. a fruit or vegetable basket)
- A gift card for a restaurant
Far from being exhaustive, this list of mindful gift ideas is meant to inspire you and help you find a meaningful gift for a very special woman.
What is the most thoughtful gift you have ever received? I’d love to read your anecdote and suggestions for mindful gift ideas in the comments!